Ability to export timeline

+1 this would be useful to share with our clients

+1 Really need this feature.

+1 for this!

As entertaining as it has been reading everyoneā€™s comments over the last 2 years that this has been a topic, it would be pretty useful to know if this is even on the development roadmap.
Iā€™m using screenshots for the timeline, and Asana2Go for other report exports to send to clients.
Believe it or not some people donā€™t like to go to a web based platform and work out what to look for.
In my last company they stopped using Asana, and not having the ability to export timelines and reports was the major reason for this.

Any updates would be very useful, thanks

2 Likes

+1 for this being a core piece of functionality

2 Likes

We are using Asana currently to set up project timelines and sometimes present them to Clients. We opted in for a premium subscription as we assumed that export of the timelines is possible (you cannot expect project managers and high-profile decision makers to log in to a web app to have a look at a timeline, so you need to export it). It was shocking for me when I first found that I have to use workarounds to get a simple export done and are thinking of downgrading with our team and start using a separate product which might enable us to do the same thing but in a more accessible way. Looking forward to have this feature available in the future, then we might consider opting back in.

2 Likes

Count me in as one an Asana client/organization that appreciates the Timeline view but needs a clean and functional export.

2 Likes

Just came by to upvote this! +1

Please add this functionality. It is wild that two years later, Asana has not added the ability to save a timeline as a PDF.

12 Likes

Asana! We need this!!!

1 Like

Hello, would like to add to this feature request.

Iā€™m not after a timeline export though, I want to export a Kanban board for inclusion in presentations. Export ā†’ Print seems to break the whole thing into one giant column, which is obviously defeats the purpose.

Hi @Martin_Parzonka, have you considered the export to CSV instead?

Hi @Marie, no I need something visual, for inclusion in a presentation of our product roadmap which Iā€™m managing via the board layout.

The workaround from @huiYING above is pretty neat, but of course it shows everything on screen, so ideally itā€™s a native visual export feature Iā€™m looking for, which would purely pull out the board, and not things like the sidebar, top level nav, etc.

2 Likes

This a feature we need! I am trying share as part of our client onboarding processes.

2 Likes

I am following here too! I created a project recently and similar to the above comments, I need a visual replica of what I am seeing on my list/board/gantt, either sent via email or downloaded into PDF to share during direct 1:1 meetings. Without this function, tracking in Asana becomes kind of useless if I am honestā€¦

2 Likes

Are you serious that this is not still available? Had I known this, thereā€™s no way I wouldā€™ve picked Asana. Does anyone know of a platform that has this? Iā€™m honestly ticked off that I just spent hours inputting info from our Word docs to develop a Gantt chart in here, only to find that Asana does not allow exporting into PDF / PPTā€¦

How is this making our lives easier if we still have to update things in PPT to make it pretty? Inexcusable and itā€™s a bigger deal than you may think.

1 Like

Voted. This is basic stuff. Between the inability to share my project plans w/ folks who donā€™t have a license, the restrictions on the number of subtasks I can have, and other basic stuff missing I use Asana for compliance purposes, and do the real work elsewhere.

I have just switched our business from Monday to Asana, this took a significant amount of time. However, since doing it weā€™re noticing ALOT of features that Monday had that Asana does not that seem super simple. Plus as endless forum of repeated Asana feature requests from as early as 2017 but no actions

Being able to share a timeline with a client is essential to any project management tool, and its a given that not all clients will want to create a guest account. Some of our clients are unable to do this as the software is blocked by their own IT systems, so a simple visual PDF export would be such a quick solution.

Does anyone know how features get chosen to be included and how the voting for that actually works? How many votes get is reviewed?

2 Likes

+1. Shocked that this isnā€™t available. Requested in 2018 and still not here?

3 Likes

The inattention to this and refusal to commit to a deployment date has gone from frustrating to insulting. I used to recommend this product all the time but, sadly, cannot continue to do so in good faith until this is availableā€¦