Ability to export timeline

+1 (Also voted) This is a key feature that would push me over the line for premium (especially with the new rates).

1 Like

Seriously, this is the only reason I signed up for the trial and was planning on purchasing a membership. I plan on canceling after the demo of this is not changed. Also the export pdf needs to be attractive and simplified.

1 Like

+1
Printing/PDF the timeline is a MANDATORY feature for us to keep using asana
 If we cant share the asana outputs with management, we will not get budget 

PLEASE!

1 Like

+1
This is a very important feature!
Other Tools like monday have it already

This is a workaround and not a direct solution, but you can “export” the project list view to PDF by using the print function and just printing it to a PDF instead of a printer. The output is not pretty, but the information is there.

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 1.52.35 PM

Thank you for the workaround, @Justine_D! :smiley: 'm already aware of that and this is exactly the way I do it for now, but I wanted to know, if there’s a “full” Export-to-PDF-functionality with a few settings. So, I think, I’ll still wait :wink:

Print doesn’t show on my interface.

2 Likes

We need this too :frowning: Using Asana isn’t as helpful if we can’t also then export it for upper management or customer consumption

After a few months of using the free version, today was my first day using Asana Premium. I spent the day working on a new timeline (having signed up to Premium SOLELY to have this feature) and WHAT A SHAME, this feature doesn’t exist. Luckily I have a month’s free trial within which to cancel my yearly Premium subscription. Big shame to find out this problem was flagged on this forum almost TWO years ago! Is this such a technically difficult feature to add? It is definitely losing you clients, dear decision-makers in Asana!

5 Likes

+1, this would be high value for our organization as we consider investing in Asana as a PM tool

2 Likes

+1, this would be a great feature!

We really need this feature for external parties. Our compony is testing Asana right now. We like it. Unfortuanetly is not having this an K.O. criteria. So we are right now looking for an alternate project management tool. We hope to have this feature soon within the next weeks we have to go for something else otherwise

1 Like

This is the biggest feature addition I need from Asana at the moment. Crucial for project management as an architect.

2 Likes

As this was announced to be a top priority update, I assume a release date has been confirmed. However, I cannot seem to find any further details on this. Can you please point me to the right direction.

My company is doing a trail of Asana at the moment as we consider implementing Asana instead of our current tool. The option to print/export timeline and similar reports is a must-have for us.

Thanks!

1 Like

Signed up literally to create a timeline I could share with clients, saw this thread and am now cancelling immediately. The 14.4k views (at time of writing) is a more useful metric for people who are looking for this feature rather than counting votes, which require logging in. Clearly no motivation to do this as the goal is to encourage you to get other people to sign up.

HI @Dan_Devine and thanks for sharing your story with us. While I don’t have an update on this specific topic, I wanted to let you know that we do look at all metrics (including the number of views) when reporting feedback to our Product Team. @Emily_Roman and I are strongly advocating for this feature on the behalf of our Community, and while it’s taking longer than I would have hoped for, I’m confident we have a strong case to see it prioritised. As promised many times on this thread, I will share some updates here as soon as I can!

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

I’ve found a workaround to print my timelines to pdfs. I am using the google console to do it.

What you need to do is to use the developer tools (ctrl + shift + i). From there you will need to click on “toggle device toolbar” on the top-right menu, and on the top left corner of the panel, choose a responsive layout and then adapt the size of the screen (e.g. 1800 large to 800 long). You should have the same kind of screen as the picture below.

After this, you can take a very good quality screenshot of your timeline as represented on the left. What you need to do is to press “Ctrl + shift + p” and write “screenshot”, and then select “capture full-size screenshot”. Sometimes it is buggy and you might see a white space on your screenshot. If it happens, you just need to change the responsive layout to something smaller or bigger.

After that, you will just have to convert your screenshot to pdf. The quality is awesome with this kind of screenshot and you can zoom as much as you want without losing quality.

I hope this can help,
cheers!

10 Likes

@Marie, I just want to get your attention in case you didn’t see my solution above. Maybe this could help the product development team bring up this feature?

Thanks for sharing @huiYING :+1:t3:

I don’t think so

1 Like