Ability to export timeline

very very disappointed!!!

2 Likes

Agreed, this is very disappointing customer service, and I hope the irony isnā€™t lost upon anyone that we were given a timeline which is now on ā€˜pauseā€™ā€¦ What does that mean? What more do we need to do to get this basic functionality happening? How many likes or comments do we need before action is taken?
Itā€™s certainly unrealistic to ask our clients who need to share timelines with their own internal teams and management, to access Asana to see their project timeline

2 Likes

Advice: If you are using ā€œPrint to PDFā€ as a work around, be sure to check the box that says ā€œBackground graphicsā€ otherwise you wonā€™t see the color bars/dates for any of your tasks that are color coded

3 Likes

This is so disappointing. I am trying to spread use of Asana in my organization and one of the first things I was asked about was timelinesā€¦It is ridiculous we donā€™t have this feature yet and having it indefinitely shelved is not the level of service I think anyone on this thread finds acceptable

7 Likes

I will probably switch to a competitor - how can I convince the company to use it if I canā€™t export the timeline to send it to the main stakeholders? This is one of the first questions I got asked EVERY TIME!

6 Likes

Incredible that it does not exist yet, that is such a basicā€¦

1 Like

Is there any more updates on this @Marie?

Not at the moment @Greg_Humphrey, but Iā€™ll post here as soon as I have some :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a little out of hand. Iā€™ve been checking in on this issue for 18mo. Itā€™s not reinventing the wheel, and it really limits the functionality of your platform.

Iā€™m dealing with contractors, none of them are interested in using your software, no matter how hard I try. The problem is, now I donā€™t want to eitherā€¦

4 Likes

New to Asana, and same story as everyone aboved. Shocked that I canā€™t pdf a project timeline. Stating the obvious for documentationā€™s sake, in hopes more volume of concerns expedites the fix.

2 Likes

Wow thatā€™s eyeopening. I really need to export timelines as PDF to print them out on A0 vor meetings. Seems I need to cancel my subscription and stop advertising it to colleagues and customers.

Does anyone know another product like Asana, but supporting a PDF Export?

Cheers

2 Likes

Would love to see this functionality too. You can do it, Asanaā€¦!! If you finish this update, we will give you :heart: :rainbow: :unicorn:

1 Like

voting this up too. I can print but I wish there was a way to have a better print view. For how graphically pleasing Asana is, printing from the brower and seeing irrelevant information to the timeline is a big disappointment! Please add this functionality.

1 Like

Marie, it has been two months since your last significant update. Could you please advise the community of Asanaā€™s real intentions about this functionality?
Thanks,
Russ

Hi @Russ_Friedson,

I currently donā€™t have any new updates, which is why I havenā€™t updated this thread over the last couple of weeks. I know how important this feature request is to many of you, and rest ensured that behind the scenes, Iā€™m continuing to report to our Product team on feedback that Iā€™m seeing in the Forum, including this one!

Marie,

Appreciate your getting back to us. I think the frustration for the community is not having any sense of a definite commitment by Asana to even make this feature available. It would be great to get a clear ā€œyesā€ or ā€œnoā€ and, if ā€œyesā€,
a targeted release date.

Thank you for your consideration.

Best,

Russ

1 Like

Thanks for the follow-up @Russ_Friedson!

To answer your question in a more direct way, this feature request isnā€™t currently being worked on, but we regularly re-evaluate the situation, so Iā€™m hopeful this is something we will prioritised in the future. When thatā€™s the case, Iā€™ll make sure to share an update in #community-forum-announcements:product-updates and to update this thread!

Iā€™m doing a trial run of Asana for a large project with multiple users. I think that inability to export timelines in a pdf format to share with the peripheral team members who donā€™t really need project access, plus the need to rebuild this timeline/calendar view for executives who just want it on a pretty slide is going to lead to a cancellation before the end of the trial period. I used Asana before in smaller flat teams and this wasnā€™t an issue, but with a large org I guess I have to shop elsewhere?

Very surprised Asana does not have the ability to export a timeline for people not on Asana to see it. Makes it almost impossible to use if you have multiple clients.

Does anyone recommend other project management tools that would have this feature?

Hi @Marie,
after searching in the forum and reading many threads, I want to ask you about the ability to export as a pdf - not only to export the timeline, but the whole project. Are there any news about the ā€œexport as pdfā€ feature? Which source would be the best for me to follow for staying up to date about that feature? A colleague of mine asked me about that, now, that Iā€™m an ambassador :slight_smile:
Thank you very much for your response!
Best regards from Vienna
RenƩ

1 Like