Ability to export timeline

Definitely a +1 as well on this.

4 Likes

It is indeed a very basic need for a lot of start-up: Sending a clean PDF calendar to a client.
Looking forward to see if we are going ahead with this product

8 Likes

Sharing the timeline and even the task list from Asana to parties outside of the platform is a major challenge. Printing to PDF doesn’t look at good. Otherwise it means duplicating work, producing a less than great looking doc or even using another app. It just doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

@Royann_Dean, As you probably know, Asana’s own Print doesn’t offer any customizability, and doesn’t work for Timeline.

For Timeline, you could use the browser’s print function (not ideal but something!).

For the sharing of task lists to parties not using Asana that you mentioned, well that’s partly why I created Asana2Go (though it’s an extension, so you’d have to be ok with that).

The app and basic info are there; see also https://medium.com/asana-consulting-trilogi-solutions for more articles and videos on Asana2Go. It offers many built-in print formats and unlimited customizability. This requires some HTML/CSS knowledge. I offer custom reports if you need assistance; contact me by Private Message here or via the links above.

1 Like

+1 we need that. housemaids, children and CEO need this

2 Likes

+1 for me too. It would be massively helpful.

1 Like

Hi all :wave:t3:

Friendly reminder to click on the “Vote” button at the top of this page to officially register your vote :wink:

4 Likes

Halleluiah! We need a way to embed live views of our timelines into our intranet, and we need to be able to share our timelines within our internal product presentations and marketing docs. This is a huge deal for alot of people. No one wants to have to build an awesome roadmap here and then have to try o re-create it in PowerPoint. Yuck. +10 for this feature!

2 Likes

We would like to be able to both embed live views of our timelines within our intranet, as well as be able to download them as images for our sales and marketing presentations. Is either option possible within Asana?

1 Like

Hi @Charisma_Riley,

As it stands, it is not possible to export Timelines, but this is definitely one of our top priority for the next Timeline update! We already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve merged your post with this main topic, to gather all feedback on this topic in one place; hope you don’t mind!

5 Likes

This is a must - board and C-level folks want to see the project plans - but they don’t want to have to log in to yet-another-web-service. PDF export of timeline please!

7 Likes

When contracting Asana I actually assumed that the feature is included, business basics. I’d need it right now. Vote.

7 Likes

This really should be standard. Same with the ability to export project updates into a slide format.

6 Likes

Vote added. We’re paying for Asana as our project planning and management platform. The lack of simple ability to share info out of the platform is problematic and creates duplicative work.

5 Likes

I’m looking at going with a different software for a new business area if this isn’t on the roadmap. Really hopeful this is coming soon. Need PowerPoint export in simple form for multiple Microsoft needs. Please!!!

3 Likes

+1 - It would cut down dependency on other applications

1 Like

I would like to export, or even print, my project’s timeline view. When I attempt to print, I only get the current view and not the fill timeline.

2 Likes

I have just created a client specific timeline, assuming asana had the same capabilities as MS Project, only to realise I cant PDF the timeline. Trying to do this through the print function doesn’t work if your timeline is relatively long as you would need to zoom out so much you cant see any information. I will need to go back to MS Project because of this lack of functionality.

4 Likes

Does anyone know if Monday.com can do this?

Voted yes. Also very surprised this doesn’t exist.