Ability to disable Rule 'toast' notifications on bottom left.

It would be helpful to be able to disable the pop up notifications that appear when a rule is automatically triggered. Currently, we only have the ability to dismiss from the screen.

When using rules like adding tasks, the notification can become noisy and get in the way of the screen.

4 Likes

I agree. I hope that it is temporary because the feature is still quite new… It should be less and less intrusive…

Seriously considering using a different tool because of this toast, that covers up the screen when I am at the bottom of a list and I am trying to add tasks. The lack of filter options, major issue as well.

2 Likes

@Marie - these are driving me and my clients nuts and it seems like such an obvious user preference to be able to get rid of these or at least not have them stack (and be smaller). Any progress on this or should we bring the masses to vote for this feature to turn off the toast messages?

4 Likes

It’s a really bad decision to have them where they put them and to not have them stack at the very least. I’d be happy with an option to hide them entirely or a simple indication of progress in the project header or subheader which has plenty of room unused (next to 'created today).

They’re displayed long enough to get in the way and most of the time happen fast enough to not be able to read.

I see this topic (and most are from 2020) so I’m not holding my breath for changes.

3 Likes

It would be awesome to be able to turn off notifications about Asana rules (“Asana has changed the status from … to …”). They are not relevant for my work and more and more of them get into my inbox.

Hi @Martin_Brandenburg, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting me know of this thread. But actually it is a different topic. I would like to remove the notifications from the inbox. The topic here is about the popups.

Hello! Has this been fixed? It’s Jan 2022. Other than the Oct 2021 comment above, the last one before that is 1 year ago. I’ve searched and found no mention of a fix. Did I miss it? Where do I turn it off?

2 Likes

@Boo_N no answer means status quo: not available in the app, and the roadmap isn’t public.

Agreed - this is different from the mute notifications in Inbox (unless the feature you’re developing is an update to overall notification preferences). Either way neither appear to be on roadmap. Asana - can you give a clear update on status.

1 Like

Well, the only workaround I did find is to hack it a bit, using Developer Tools (F12). Place the following JavaScript code into the Console window. This works until the page is refreshed. I guess it can be added to Tampermonkey or similar extension, but I didn’t test that.

var manager = document.getElementsByClassName('ToastManager'); manager[0].style.left = "auto"; manager[0].style.right = "0px";

Now notifications appears on the right.

You can also disable them using similar way:
var manager = document.getElementsByClassName('ToastManager'); manager[0].style.display = "none";

1 Like

You can use Stylebot - Chrome Web Store to make it permanent

1 Like

PLEASE!!! I am cleaning up boards due to role changes and process changes, these pop up and prevent me from doing work WAY to often.

1 Like

I completely second this! I trust that the rules will be working as needed. It completely gets in the way of the screen. I am currently moving my team onto Asana and its a complete distraction and derails from the work.

1 Like

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
The pop-up notifications steal focus and interrupt the flow of typing.

Steps to reproduce:
-Create a Rule that moves a Task to another section when added to a project
-Begin creating a new task and the Rule will trigger with a notification pop-up saying the rule is running.
-The pop-up steals focus so you cannot finish typing up the Task
-The Rule moves the Task to the other section
-The User must click the Task in order to finish Creating the Task

It would be better if the Rule didn’t trigger until the User removes focus from the Task.

Browser version:
Chrome is up to date
Version 100.0.4896.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Brad_Wellens, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

I can confirm that this isn’t a bug but expected behaviour. We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

Can we please choose to disable the popups? We have 50+ rules set on a board and it’s incredible disruptive when anything happens, almost takes over the entire left side of the screen. It provides no additional benefit if things like tasks are moving on their own to other sections and its clearly visible…

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, @Avnish_Patel! We don’t have immediate plans to implement this feature, but we will make sure to post any updates in our main thread when we have any news: Ability to disable Rule 'toast' notifications on bottom left.

An improvement, if complete disabling is not in the plans, would be to stack the toast notifications and only have them temporary display (say for 3 seconds to read and immediately dismiss).

I’m glad @Kamil_Gierach-Pacane provided the script and @Bastien_Siebman provided a way to make it permanent :pray:t5: but their solutions will be used for my own personal use or for the individual users that make the most noise. Not the 100 other people that will also be using Asana in my organization.

An option to disable the popups completely would be really helpful because we have to manually dismiss the notifications the need for this option increases when, as @Brad_Wellens showed, the notifications causes the task to lose focus. When more than one or two notifications run and then sticky to cover the right side navigation panel it becomes very disruptive to have to go and click close on every singly notification to continue on.