Ability to Disable 'Accessibility' Color Palette

On 10.15.20 Asana announced a new Color Palette that would force ALL users to only be able to use the colors Asana designers chose to meet Americans with Disability Act (ADA) contrast guidelines. New! Updated customizable color palette for better accessibility

In the process, this decision forced ALL Asana users to have to deal with distracting, unproductive and unhelpful colors within their existing Asana workflows.

I would like Asana to give us the OPTION to enable or disable this new Accessibility color palette, much in the same way we can currently enable or disable the ‘Color Blind Friendly Mode’ using Profile Settings > Display > Enable color blind friendly mode.

Please see the comments in the referenced Asana Announcement and following conversation thread for other ideas related to this feedback. Thanks.

Here here. This has been a huge problem for us as well; we had a perfectly color coordinated IRL calendar system that no longer matches our project colors. This after being so happy with the previous palette, as it included the basic ROYGBV options.

An option to disable these new colors would be a big improvement; I’m sad to say we’ve been looking around at other project management services, afraid that more of these “accessibility” features will be forced on us down the road. Please make them optional!

3 Likes

Yes, please Asana… Those new colors and horrible black text on tags & calendar are ruining the experience of your amazing app AND hurting our eyes. I can’t look at the calendar anymore and it’s the page I spend most of my time on. Literally 100% of the feedback on the original forum post are against the new harsh colors and we’re all asking for the possibility to chose between the normal mode and accessibility mode. Please please please.

4 Likes