Ability to choose negative values for variable subtask due dates created by rules

It is currently possible to set relative start and due dates for subtasks created through a triggered rule
Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 2.12.39 PM

It is not possible to set a date X days before the due date. While it is possible to specify X days after the start date, that does not enable the ability to automatically set due dates of subtasks to a certain number of days before the due date if task durations are not always the same.

If I know a task always takes 5 days, then I can use “task due in [4] days based on start date of trigger task” and create subtasks (I use it for review) that are due the day before the trigger task is due.

This rule doesn’t work if the duration is different. I’d love to be able to set the due date as “due in [-1] day based on due date of trigger” as this would allow an automation that works for production tasks of various lengths.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Create a rule for a subtask to be due a certain number of days BEFORE the parent task’s due date

A vote has been moved.

Hi @Eli_Arbreton,

I moved your post to an existing thread on the same topic. (Also your vote here was automatically transferred to that one.)