Ability to better Organise Portfolios

So I guess I have access to the new Portfolios which is nice since the Dashboard is being discontinued. I use the dashboard everyday-all day…so once I heard this it was super concerning. So far it looks like all you have created a way for us to have multiple dashboards…and found a way to charge us more money. I get it, it is what it is.

Here is my very first opinion on this. Why isn’t there an option to organize the dashboard via Client name…by alpha? Some of the things you guys do I absolutely love and others is so confusing. Things that seem like they should be standard are totally unthought of. Again, are the people who manage the UI/UX even using this software?

Please add this option.

Thanks,

Jesse

Agree completely! So, some items you implement are awesome, and others have me wondering – still perplexed over “Add to Dashboard, aka as Portfolio” as a manual task and now not being able to sort based on one of the primary columns – project name. Why? So, I had to custom field, retype in already present information and sort my column! Crazy!

Hi @JesseG and thanks for providing us with your feedback. Portfolio is a brand new feature and we’re definitely planning to develop/improve it over time, so your feedback is very important to us!

As it stands, you can already organize your projects by status, project owner, due date or priority; but I can see why it would make sense to be able to sort your projects by Name too. Rest ensured that we will take your feedback onboard as we work toward implementing new sorting options in the future. All our Teams are of course using Asana, including our UX Team! We have run a loads of experiments and collected/analyzed hundreds of feedback before launching Portfolio; but we’re also aware that there will always be room for improvements. We’re keeping a close eye on all feedback and will make sure to take them on board for future improvements.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we really appreciate it!

Currently the only way is favorites.

But for example we have a portfolio for evert customer, grouping all projects.

And other porfolios for every service.

What you think about implementation a “section” like in projects or “folders”

Hi @Rogelio_Barrientos and thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing thread to gather all feedback in one place; hope you don’t mind!