A way to export Asana Time Entries better

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to find a way to export time entries either in real-time or on a daily schedule. I want to ensure that the entries include the following columns: Date, Task ID, Task Name, User, Project Name, and Duration_Minutes.

I’ve attempted to learn about the Time Tracking APIs and have searched for solutions using Get Tasks in a Project, but I haven’t been successful. Has anyone managed to create a system like this? I need a detailed time sheet report for our workspace.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Hi @Janine_Pring,

You’ll have to do it in two steps:

1. Get the tasks you’re interested in.
  2. Loop through those tasks and for each one, use the Get time tracking entries for a task endpoint.

The method you use for step 1 will depend on what set of tasks you’re interested in.

That first step can get you the Task ID, Task Name, User, and Project Name. The second step will get you the date and duration.

You’ll have to do a bit of combining of data from the two steps to assemble your entries.

Make sense?

4 Likes

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your quick reply. If I want to find task IDs based on their last update date before starting Step 1, should I use the search API with the modified_on.after and modified_on.before parameters?

What would be the best approach for this?

Thanks for your help!

That sounds like a good approach to me, @Janine_Pring.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.