A better Dashboard for high level overview

Same experience here

Sadly, I can confirm that Kaizana is no more :disappointed:

Well, it looks like we’ll just have to have Asana make a better version of BetterWorks visual! :wink:

#JustSayn

#IHaveFaith

2 Likes

Seems you are right. I am on a vacation only with my phone at hand… I last used kaizana in February I guess. Minor bummer…

1 Like

Thanks @Matt_Bramlage. :cry:

It looks like @Eyal_Ronel may have built something promising for progress tracking. I just DMd him about trying it out and will let you know if it meets some of the “dashboard” needs expressed here. Maybe some of you may not want to wait :slight_smile:. His original thread:

1 Like

Thanks for starting these conversations, @Peter_Skjoldager, these are excellent ideas. In particular your point #2 above is the hurdle my team has identified preventing us from upgrading to premium (we’ve been free users for a while now). Without the ability to tag (or better, create custom fields to categorize) and then sort projects, the dashboard feature of Asana will not suit our vertical reporting needs. If this feature was created, Asana would definitely have our business.

5 Likes

Remember to vote this topic up. We need these improvements to the dashboard!!

Dont you agree @Sam_Leahey?

3 Likes

I don’t even know how to “vote up” lol. Teach me the path to greatness @Peter_Skjoldager!!! :frowning:

On top of the thread @Sam_Leahey:slight_smile:

1 Like

I love it @Peter_Skjoldager! We will get @Alexis to make this happen if it’s the last thing we do!!! :slight_smile:

#CrushingIt
#MakingMoves

Lol Sam you know I’m the Community Manager.

See How we’re listening to your product feedback

2 Likes

Oh we know it @Alexis! :slight_smile: We just don’t know who else to harass about it so you’re our go to for now lol :wink:

1 Like

This would be perfect, my team’s been searching for the right project management tool and I’ve been trying to push for Asana over Flow. But the only thing that my lead is won over towards Flow is its ability to create a large team within an organisation, and has multiple smaller teams. So its hierarchy isn’t just Organisation > Team, but Organisation > Group > Teams. And under this middle tier, one can have an overview of the various teams tasks.

I guess this would be especially useful for large organisations (that don’t use Asana), but where departments and sub-departments want to.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Your best option is to submit feedback and vote for feedback. The votes will do the talking. :+1:

2 Likes

Well I already voted at the top but what’s this “submit feedback” option you’re referring to? Where do I do that?

Submit feedback = create a post here. You’re doing the right thing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We need this feature, we are more then a 1000 employ’s who want to use ASANA, if you are able to get the subproject working a lot of people will be very happy!

Thank you,

and don’t forget to focus on your TARGet!

2 Likes

I would support tagging projects. My consultancy manages several trade associations that are each composed of committees. Until now, committees have each been a project, but that’s getting unwieldy. It would be great to be able to tag different projects as belonging to its appropriate committee and for the project tags to cascade automatically onto all the tasks in the project (maybe have a toggle control on that as it might not always be useful, depending how the project tag was used).

3 Likes

@Alexis my entire team though we love Asana and we just signed up for a year premium and want to expand is now looking to cut bait and go to Jira. We want to stay on Asana, but the dashboard reporting doesn’t work to present to execs per the requests above in this thread…any updates on customizing dashboards? We can have custom fields in tasks, why can’t we create a dashboard to report on what is important to us by fields?

Also, we are using scrum methodology with sprints. We need to be able to see burn down, not how many uncompleted tasks are left. One idea was to create one sprint board by our two week timeframe and duplicate tasks from projects in that board, but we agreed that was extra work for us to work around the limitations we are running into. Any recommendations or best practices?

Thanks,
C

5 Likes