5 minutes with Mark, our Forum Champion

Industry: Education
Asana user since: February 2017

How did you first learn about Asana?

I work in quite a large team, with sub-teams all developing multiple projects, and we were looking for something that would link us all together and give us an easy overview. We researched dozens of project management software and Asana was part of the final shortlist test. We all instantly agreed that it was the easiest to use and met almost of all our criteria. It was a simple decision to choose Asana in the end.

How do you use Asana the most?

I use it daily to manage my own tasks, whether those are part of bigger projects or just personal to me. I have My Tasks permanently open in a tab, and I take full advantage of the automatic task promotion from Later to Upcoming to Today.

Why did you decide to join the Asana Forum Champion program?

One of the first things I did when I started using Asana was to join the Community. It has been an invaluable source of information and tips. I found with Asana, more than any other software I’ve ever used, I became proficient really quickly. I started seeing questions in the Community that I could actually answer. I really loved the feeling of helping other people, so it became a regular thing. When Asana launched the Champions programme and invited me to join, I saw it as the next natural step. I could continue helping other people to use Asana, while also connecting with other people who were just as passionate about it as I am.

What do you enjoy the most about being an Asana Forum Champion?

I feel genuinely privileged to be able to work so closely with people on the Asana team. It’s like getting a little peek behind the curtain now and then. And I love seeing my fellow Champions’ names and faces in the Community, all maintaining the same positive, helpful attitude. That feels like an important responsibility, and that’s what I enjoy the most.

What is your favorite Asana feature?

I’m going to cheat slightly and say the combination of Advanced Search and Custom Fields. Those two elements on their own are great enough but when you put them together, that’s when the magic happens. When we were initially figuring out how to pull reports from Asana, I discovered that we could create a template using Custom Fields to track everything we wanted (milestones, time, costs, sector and product type), and then we could use Advanced Search to build reports on all kinds of combinations of that data, which we could also export to CSV. It’s an endlessly useful and fascinating function.

10 Likes

Hi @Mark_Hudson,

Welcome, and congratulations!

You’re such a great resource here to all of us, so this is great news.

I’ve learned from your many posts, and always appreciate your great tone and attitude that comes through in all your posts (and fun learning more about you in the Coffee Talk threads).

But do you really only have just one Asana browser tab open at all times??!!

Larry

3 Likes

Thanks so much, Larry! I really appreciate that. I learn tons from reading your posts too. Whenever there’s a question in the Community that I can’t answer, you’re one of the first people I know will jump straight in and solve it.

I’m looking at my browser now and I’ve actually got three Asana tabs open, plus two Asana-generated Google Sheets reports. So, yes, you’ve got me there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, Mark, and I’m relieved about the tabs :smile:

2 Likes

Mark you have been an amazing member, glad to see you are staying on board!

5 Likes