Ability to sort only selected tasks and multiple fields

Request is to allow sorting of selected tasks (currently only all tasks may be sorted. In addition, sorting a section’s tasks would be helpful too.

Several posts request this, so adding here at the suggestion of @Michael_A. (Hope that’s ok, @Mary_Conquest. Vote here!

Recent related thread is quoted below, but I see there’s also part of this request mentioned in Sort tasks by Due Date WITHIN Sections along with references there as well.

2 Likes

Thank you! Please vote if you’d like this feature :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Would be great to offer a two-step sort on projects and tasks to allow flexibility.

We could use:
a) By Date then numerically (1, 2, 3)
b) By Date then alphabetical
c) Open tasks by date, then closed tasks by date (currently completed tasks are first when date sorted)

3 Likes

Would be great to have - in the “Change View” menu - an option to sort by two fields, first one, then the other. Having sections and sorting by one field is good for many use cases, but definitely not all.

Airtable implements this functionality very nicely using the “Group” setting for anyone who is familiar.

1 Like

Hey @Khalil_Omer!

Thanks for the great product feedback, I have added your thread to this one about the same feature, I hope you don’t mind!

If you would like, you can add a vote here if you’d like to see this feature in the future.

Have a great Tuesday :grinning:

1 Like

More custom sorting features would be very helpful!

1 Like

I agree that it would be very helpful to have more flexible sorting options, especially within sections.

This is a critically important function requirement for the company i outsource to and is a basis for deciding whether to continue to use Asana or an alternate solution that has this feature.

1 Like

How to sort tasks within sections. Seems to be not getting, on how to do it

Having section, and NO sorting options, within the sections, is no use of sections at all. All my tasks are randomly sorted, which breaks my thinking.

4 Likes

While I find it helpful to have the different categories in the My Tasks view. I would find it much more helpful to have the tasks in date order within the section as a default view. Currently, the tasks marked for today have little relevance as the due date is a bigger indicator of the priority of the task.

2 Likes

This would be VERY helpful to us too !

Being able to sort within a section would be extremely helpful. For example, I would like to be able to organize using sections and then sort by due date within each section. Currently the only way to do this is to drag each individual task into the correct order. Maybe this could be added by allowing multiple levels of sorting (ie: sort by section, then by date, then by assignee) as you can in Excel.

2 Likes

Is there a feature like that by now and i just dont find it or do i have to wait until someone take this point seriously?

@Philip_Haerke, Neither of these features have made it into the product and I haven’t read about any plans.

Having the ability to sort and keeping items within the “sections” they are assigned would be huge!!

1 Like

Actually, both of these are possible now with Asana2Go and the new Responsive list view, multi-column sorts, hide/show 21 columns, filter-as-you-type, and more: Asana2Go Interactive Tables ✨

Larry

1 Like

@lpb just looked at this - wow great work! Really powerful tool - thank you! :coffee:

@Ruth_Newnham, Thanks so much for the nice words–and the coffees at Larry Berger is creator of the Asana2Go app and an Asana Certified Pro consultant! I always appreciate your posts here on the forum here.

Larry

Is this feature available yet?